Home » Vins » Pouilly-fumé » La Demoiselle de Bourgeois
Like for a “Grand Cru”, the terroir of Pouilly gives a richness and a complex aromatic palate to this wine. The lively acidity and the mineral notes (chalky and flinty) are balanced by delicious flavours of citrus, pear, quince and green plum fruits but also white flowers and white peppers. It shows a very nice persistence on the finish. With its structure “La Demoiselle de Bourgeois” may age in bottle for 8 to 10 years.
This wines is a great match with fine cuisine. A Steamed skate with spinach in a tangy sauce would do perfectly. Or some filleted farm hen breasts in supreme sauce with roasted apple will convince those who prefer a white meat. A plate of cheese would also thrill the gourmet.
After a gentle pressing and 24 hours settling, 85% of the must is fermented in thermoregulated stainless steel tanks at 15 to 18°C. The remaining 15% are fermented in 600 litres oak barrels. This subtle blending gives a great complexity to the wine. Maturation takes place on fine lees for 9 to 10 months before bottling.
Like its name, this wine is a model of pure and delicate expression of the Sauvignon Blanc.
Made from a strict selection of the best Sauvignon grapes, “La Demoiselle de Bourgeois” is harvested on the Kimmeridgian marls of Saint-Laurent l’Abbaye, where the first vines of this AOC were planted. This terroir gives roundness, deepness and a great longevity to the wines.
Domaine Henri Bourgeois
18300 Sancerre, France
Phone :+33 (0)2 48 78 53 20
Our tasting and sales area is open from Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and on Sunday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
FOLLOW US :
© 2021 Domaine Famille Bourgeois - All rights reserved
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, consume in moderation