Home » Vins » Marlborough blanc » Waimaunga Sauvignon blanc
Fresh citrus notes on the nose with a hint of honeysuckle. The palate is very crisp and vibrant, lemon and lime zest flavours are balanced with a lingering minerality topped by a gooseberry bite on the finish.
Freshly caught oysters and a lemon reduction, or with a creamy Brie and fresh bread.
Fermentation occurs in 85% stainless steel; while the remaining 15% is wild fermented in older French oak barrels and Austrian oak demi-muids (600L). The wine is then aged on fine yeast lees for 8 months with lees stirring, which enables us to obtain a round Sauvignon Blanc with body and mouthfeel. A further 6 months of tank and barrel ageing is employed to ensure wine balance is attained before bottling.
Named after the ancient glaciation period that formed this exceptional terroir, Waimaunga offers the purest expression of Sauvignon Blanc from the clay soils.
Our clay soils allow a perfect hydric regulation of the vine, avoiding any excess of vigor by retaining water and releasing it gradually during the summer period typically dry in the region. The maturation of the grapes is slow and regular offering both concentration and aromatic intensity.
Domaine Henri Bourgeois
18300 Sancerre, France
Phone :+33 (0)2 48 78 53 20
Our tasting and sales area is open from Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and on Sunday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
FOLLOW US :
© 2021 Domaine Famille Bourgeois - All rights reserved
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, consume in moderation